If you are a member of the "midnight dog walkers club" because your dog's behavior is so difficult in the presence of other dogs, people, bikes, skateboards or other triggers then this is the class for you.
When you walk your dog on leash, does he bark, lunge or "flip out" at other dogs, people or anything else? You are not alone. This problem is common, but that doesn’t make it any less difficult, embarrassing, frustrating and maybe even upsetting.
Fortunately, there’s help to be had. Your dog won’t magically become calm as a cucumber, but there’s much you can do to lessen the severity of your dog’s reaction and manage your walks so they become pleasant again. No need to dread leash walks any longer.
Growly Dog includes:
- A 90 minute initial, in-home consultation prior to the start of class
- Changing your dog’s association with other dogs
- Changing your association with other dogs
- Teaching your dog a set of alternate behaviors that he can perform in the presence of triggers instead of barking, lunging and "freaking out"
- Setting you and your dog up for success as you learn and grow together
- Learning to advocate for your dog to reduce the embarrassment factor
- Having a better understanding of why your dog behaves the way he does